Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I ordered some of those Bitterroot Bonded Cores from a friend on the fire, they were lost in the mail and we never recovered them... Made me sad as I really wanted to use them..

I got lucky, cause a couple folks like Bob and RinB were able to stock me up pretty well and I did decent searching a few online places. Got a decent stash of ones I know I’ll use. If you have have a certain cartridge in mind, let me know and I’ll send you some. I don’t mind sharing a few. I don’t shoot groups with them, I just work up my load with a Partition, match speed with the BBC and fire a group at 300 with the Partitions and a BBC. So far it’s been pretty easy.

Happy birthday and thanks for your service brother man!!

Hey bro, thank you, appreciate that!

Originally Posted by 7point62mag
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I ordered some of those Bitterroot Bonded Cores from a friend on the fire, they were lost in the mail and we never recovered them... Made me sad as I really wanted to use them..

Where are you guys getting ole Billy's bullets? Were they actually any good?

Those bullets probably haven't been made in about 15-20 years. As far as how good they are, depends on who you ask I guess. I treat them like I was taught by Bob, shoot them fast, through fast twist guns that run them hard and they are WICKED game bullets. They will not lose more than a few grains weight no matter what you shoot them in. The bonding, copper and lead used to build them was first class. Bob said you cannot drive them too fast and I believe them. I have fired 132 grain bullets out of my 7mm Mashburn at 3600 and they came out about as perfect as they come, holding onto nearly a 3/4" frontal area while only shedding 10-15 grains of weight loss.

I have been using the 175's out of an 8 twist Mashburn recently and the wound channels are unreal. Like a Berger or AMax but you would usually find a balled up bullet in the far side. That big frontal area will usually limit it in exits on heavy hided animals like elk, but to be honest, I don't care. I have had more one shot DRT's on chest his with BBC's than with anything else.

They aren't boattail match bullets though, so most folks wouldn't shoot them today if they could. For me, I like them, they work at the 0-500 ranges I hunt in. They shoot like a Partition so I usually load 10 BBC's and 20 Partitions when I go hunting and come home with 9 BBC's most times and all the Partitions. Sorry for the long rant, but if you find them, buy them, I will always take them. A 100 BBC's will last me a long time. I could probably use 20 of them to figure out my load and have 15 left to kill with. But again, I am not shooting steel with them or stuff like that, they just get planted into fur.

Are you talking about my Mentor, Bob Faucett?