Ah yes, the old hammer of Thor! Did you put the 168's behind the shoulder or into it?

For many years my wife's primary big game rifle was one of those dreaded .270 Winchesters. Back then TSX's did not exist, so she used 150-grain Nosler Partitions, handloaded to around 2850 fps. (Back then we also did not know that 3000 fps was absolutely necessary for hammer of Thor-ing big game.)

The victims included several elk, none of which went more than 50 feet, and probably half of which never took another step. In between the elk was a bull Shiras moose, quartering away at around 125 yards. It managed to take a step-and-a-half before dropping and never moving--and the bullet did not encounter any bone other than a rib, until it ended up in the meat of the opposite shoulder. It's still by far the quickest-dropped moose I've seen taken with a shot that didn't break a shoulder or the spine. A 150 Partition from the 7mm-08 is essentially the same thing.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck