If I'm remembering correctly, WY no longer has the Nov hunts in the units around the park , having gone instead to a 30 day October hunt.

Towards the end of Oct you can get significant migration out of the park if you get a bit lucky in the weather. Honestly though, wolves and bears are going to have a bigger impact on elk movement than the weather.

I had a unit 55 tag this year and chose to hunt the last 7 days of October and most of the time we were within 4 miles of the park boundary. We did get "lucky" in the weather in that it never got above 12*F in 7 days. We also saw at least one fresh wolf kill per day and more bears than I care to count, which kept the elk fairly high and avoiding the canyon bottoms like the plague.

Having said that though, we probably glassed over 500 elk, including at least 20 bulls 320+ in shooting range. We were hoping to find a 350+ bull, but didn't -- which I'm blaming the wolves mostly.

If sum, for a unit around the park I'd go as late as you can. You'll still get most of the resident bulls in place and might hit the jackpot on migration routes.