Originally Posted by Swifty52

I guess I will have to buy a chronograph and do comparison testing of graduated loads on my own in small graduated steps. Problem is, I don't shoot enough to justify the expense of doing that, so I was looking for someone else's experience/data.

While I didn’t expect my answer to thrill him, this isn’t what I said. No you don’t have to go buy a chronograph and No you don’t have to shoot a bunch of test loads. Back before I had a chronograph I used to just load up 5 @ start, 5 @ mid load and 5 at a couple tenths under max. Go to the range and see where poi on the target was for each compared to the usual load. 15 rounds wasn’t a lot of waste and not scientific but it worked. I have done that every time I went to a different powder.
How Universal will react in your weapon and bullet/case/primer combination compared to Unique is a question that only you can answer. What ever my data is it usually came from the powder manufacturers or load books. Then I ran the test as above. So my comment of sticking with Unique if you don’t want to commit 15 - 20 rounds to test was valid, even though you don’t like it.

OK, makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Best Regards

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."