Boy has it been a long time since I posted on here... At one pointed I started keeping records of every "RT" that I ran across in a spreadsheet... most I have limited information but others I have a decent amount. In total I had recorded 33 (this was probably over only a year or two) and this includes the two mentioned above. Interestingly enough, most had a 22 inch barrel... I note just two with a 24" barrel and 1 with a 20" barrel (which was posted on this forum). All were between 422xxx and 432xxx with the exception of 3 outlyers that go as far as 445,7xx (the newest of which, 445,7xx, I personally owned and the forearm had a stamp of 432xxx on it). Most were 300s but interestingly enough, by far the second most common was the 30-30, then the 303 and last the 250. at 37, its probably not a statistically relevant sample set but it does sort of make sense that savage would be cleaning up old 30-30 and 303 barrels and that 300 would be the prevalent part of their availability.

My pure guess is this was the first of the postwar Rs utilizing old T forearms with simplified post war R checkering and whatever old barrels they had. All I have info on had a style 8 barrel address but I only few provided this detail and think that would be expected.

If someone wanted this spreadsheet, just IM me with an email address and I'll send it over.

I hope everyone is well in this new year!

Andrew