Originally Posted by shortfinger
I was rushing one evening to go meet the rancher that we leased from, to go to a wild game charity dinner. I was going probably around 40mph on this gravel county road and as I came over a rise before a cattle guard, one of that ranchers calves ran out into the road in front of my Nissan Titan. I was hard on the brakes with the anti-lock kicking in as I struck that cow. Knocked it down and pushed it under my skid plate as it got drug down the gravel road for a few yards. As soon as I came to a full stop, that cow jumped up out from under my truck and looked at me with as much of a "WTF" look on his face as a cow can muster and then ran off into the pasture, just missing a patch of hair on his side. Messed up my bumper and fender but the truck was still driveable. We met up with the rancher and his wife in town, with me not really being in the mood to party now that my truck is messed up, and then come to find the rancher had the wrong date for the charity dinner and it was the next weekend! He felt bad so we found a restaurant and he bought us dinner.

So, did you tell the rancher that you ran over his calf?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan