Originally Posted by Hastings
Watch the videos of oil change businesses cheating customers and you might start doing your own. I know they sell people extras that they don't need such as a brake fluid flush that is not actually performed. I would imagine that the premium synthetic oil change could easy be straight 30 wt. conventional. The filters are the cheapest off brand that can be had. At the dealer I suspect it's not much if any better. I don't like changing oil myself but it is too important to allow someone to use inferior products or even maybe wipe off the filter with a rag and call it new. When I drove a state truck I caught the Jiffy Lube missing grease fittings and only getting me a little over the add mark on the dip stick more than once.

You get what you pay for. If you’re going to use an oil change franchise because they advertise $25.00 oil changes and employ B grade techs or college kids, you can expect them to try and up sell you on other stuff, or shortcut your oil change. The numbers just don’t work otherwise.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12