Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Best is pretty subjective, but I don't think you can have a discussion of "best" .357 without including the Korth and the Manurhin .357's. Both are substantially better than anything made in the US presently. Then again, they cost as much as a summer vacation, so it's no wonder they get left out of the "best" lists.

Arguing the merits of one over the other is pointless... I'll just list the one's that blow my skirt up.

1 - Absolute favorite .357 on planet Earth, and could live without all others... S&W Model 19. Give me a 4" with all the desirable features and I'm VERY content. Despite it's flaws, I just love that revolver!
2 - Python - Like a supermodel who can also shoot...Who wouldn't want to 'date' that one?

3 - Colt Trooper - Probably the most overlooked .357 in history, yet it's one of the best. I hope to own one of these someday.

I didn't mention the Korth or Manchurian because NGAF about them.

Hell very few in thus country have ever even seen one much less shot one

The Korth is very smooth and accurate. On double action shooting it feels like it has hydraulics instead of mechanical components. But...

The tolerances are very close. If to go to your range with practice loads using Unique powder on a cold day, you are lucky to get 100 shots off without cylinder drag.

One of the best buys I ever made. A fella desperate for money sold me his convertible for $1000. It was almost brand new. You get lucky sometimes.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.