CaptArab, I'm goint to have to call total Bull Shyt on your bad mouth post of Romania. I am an American citizen that permanently relocated here in Romania 6 years ago. I made 3 week vacations here almost every year for 13 years before I decided to move over here. So I knew a lot about this country before I moved here. So I will address your allegations of Romania.

I hunt with several large groups of hunters and all hunters in those groups have hunting licenses The difference between here and the U.S is that before you get a hunting license, you have to have a good knowledge of rules, regulations and the game animals that you will be hunting, Yes, poaching does exist. But to the best of my knowledge, it appears to be no worse or less than I was aware that was going on in the U.S.
Romanians are very honest people with very big hearts. How hard is it to get "suckered" in any given large city in the United States?
The "Jackass Policemen", as you call them, DO carry guns. If you commit a serious crime that justifies the use of a firearm, you will find out quick enough. And I would not suggest that you try to bribe a policeman. There is a good chance that you will soon be wearing hand cuffs.
Yes, border passport checks are liable to hold you up and your stuff may be searched, just like any other border in this world. This is everywhere since 911, where have you been. And again about the "bribes", I would not advise you to try to bribe a border guard, even with "a beer or a sandwich or something".
As far as everyone pulling over to piss on the side of the road go's, not "everyone" and not as often as you might think.
Bro, you need to get out more. RJ