Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by elkaddict
We have a 2010 Teryx that has been nearly trouble free. I was so impressed, when we needed another SXS, we picked up a Mule FTX Pro which has been fantastic. Ours are used more for work than play but get used hard (the older Teryx actually has a usable bed for hauling). These things have proven so reliable I’d venture Kawi actually sees very few warranty claims even though the period is 36 months. I test drove both the Honda 700 and 1000 before buying the FTX pro. I particularly liked the 1000 (700 felt cramped). Those who have had transmission problems are pretty unhappy after expiration of Honda’s short warranty. I chose the reliability of the belt driven machines, and the availability of a low range.

All I hear about is the necessity of travelling with a belt when operating belt driven machines. Leads me to consider machines that are not belt drives.

Seismic and oil companies in Alberta mostly use Honda because of ease of use and reliability.
I was always against belt driven machines until I bought my 09 Rhino, now my opinion has changed since using that machine for everything from hunting to hauling cabin materials. I've changed the belt only once and that was only because I was working on cleaning the clutches and figured I might as well put a new one on while i'm in there but the old belt was still in pretty good shape.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead