I finally managed to get an Imgur account and loaded some pics up.

I'm a horrible photographer, but whatever is what it is. smile

I started out a couple years ago with a coal forge and a 1x30 belt grinder. Then upgraded to a 2 burner propane forge and a 2x72 belt grinder. Still haven't gotten tired of it yet, and still learning and getting a little better as time goes on. Next on my horizon is probably going to be a press, but that's going to be quite awhile till I squirrel away enough $$ for one of those. Lord willing in the not too far future I'll set up an LLC and make it a business so that when I retire I'll have something constructive to do and augment my income. I use mostly leaf springs, but some files as well. I have used coil springs from cars, and steel from random broken tools. I know my fit and finish needs work, I'm getting there. My knives are not heirloom pieces of 1000 layer damascus (yet wink ) nor are they a new super steel that holds an edge that shaves after butchering a cape buffalo and batoning through 5 cords of cured locust. I enjoy taking a file, or spring, or broke tool and with heat, blood, and sweat making it into a knife or some other edged instrument that works. I've a couple dozen out there now and so far so good as far as happy customers.

I call my little endeavor Neorxnawang Forge. My makers mark. Tiwaz rune and my initials.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

First off here is a skinner pattern. I've made more of these than anything. I like the way it sits in your palm, even with cold cramping fingers you can still hold it secure enough to skin out a critter. I've used it on a wolf and deer, a buddy's used his on a couple bears, another uses his in the kitchen.

MAGA