Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
DF Ijust picked up 03A3 SC couple weeks back that has a same model [bleep] on it. The previous owner had a William's bolt handle installed, still had the original safety though with 03 milled bottom metal
D&T for weaver bases and got them where they were supposed to be. Haven't shot it much but it does show promise. I have one of [bleep] super deluxe sporter stocks with rosewood grip and fore end tip completely checkered with 5 hardwood and ivory diamond shaped inlays on the stock
Looks like someone wanted the Weatherby look for sure Also have a03A3 Rem that was converted to 308 Norma mag in a thumbhole.Springfields have all ways interested me. MB

My other '03 is in a French Walnut Herter roll over stock that lost about a half pound of wood with my wood rasp...

This was a project back when I was in High School I did the skip a line checkering (in vogue back than) and the rose wood inlays. It's glassed and free floated, has a McGowen SS barrel (a bit heavy, but what did I know) and in that unmentionable .277 round. But, I was young back then, just didn't know... blush

But would you believe, it's a real shooter...

I keep saying I'm gonna bloody it on something one of these days, just have too many on going projects that keep getting in the way.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]