very early Model 24 that my grandfather owned and he died in 1968....

it was his favorite squirrel and rabbit gun.. as his favorite two game animals, were squirrel and rabbits..

410 on the bottom and 22 LR on top....when he passed an I inherited it, the 22 barrel was shot out...

when I squirrel hunted with it back in MN, .410 shells were like $4.00 for a box of 25...

use to cook up squirrel in a casserole of it and wild rice...spice it up with Worcestershire Sauce...
that sure was some good eatin...

that old 410 was quite the small game getter... in 25 yds putting out a pattern about the size of a garbage can lid...

the 22 on top... you couldn't hit a barn at 25 yds with it...love the gun, and more so since it had belonged to my grandfather.

Addendum... after looking it on on Wiki, I guess what I have from my grandfather is one made by Stevens..which would have been made between 1938 and 1950.. supposedly he bought the gun before WW2, according to family members.. I also inherited an earlier Model 36 in 30/30 from him that was supposed to be pre WW 2 also...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez