Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Excuse me for finding a huge bit of humor here...

It has been long established a single factor has more to do with rut timing than anything else. Anyone trying to put hard dates on a calendar as rut times is clueless, period.

Unbred does will go back into rut one or two times, at least, if they fail to breed the first round.

Amazingly, the timing for these "ruts" is very regular and reliable.

I have zero doubt the map has found a difference in rut timing, but rounding off errors and anecdotal weighting of evidence has created a joke.

You just flat don't know what you're talking about.

Our turkey season started today, and I will guarantee you that somewhere over the next few weeks I will see a buck chasing a doe somewhere on one of the different places I hUnt here in Alabama. It happens every year. I hunt at least 3 different ruts here within a 100 miles of each other, two different ruts about 6 weeks apart within 35 miles of each other.

"Somewhere over the next few weeks" is not proof, or even evidence of anything on the original chart.

I'm not pushing it as evidence or even a pointer concerning the specific dates and corresponding areas listed on the map. What we're seeing is not "the rut" but it's bucks chasing does that haven't been bred yet. It's a sign of a jacked up breeding season....and it happens every season. Bucks are still carrying their antlers right now....if they still have headgear they'll still chase an unbred doe.

And they will chase an unbred doe even after they drop antlers.

The discussion was about rut timing. You told me my statements were in error so I assumed you were giving me evidence to correct my errors. I simply do not see it in your argument.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.