Some mods take years to happen. Hard to drill holes for stuff at first. Over time it eventually happens.

Boat is now 36 years old. It had stainless rails in front and around a much taller vertical windshield. Dash was crappy plastic.

Removed the rails except on sides of center console. Windshield cut down and tilted rearwards. Removed dash and installed teak with built in graph and depthfinder. Altered captain's chair with machined riser to sit at a height to view things over the windshield but stay out of the wind while cruising. I usually remove second chair when out alone. Added trolling motor now using fifth one. Also added Bennett trim tabs. Added base for a power pedestal and seat. Tried many seats over the years. This should make some grin. Now using a drummer's throne by Tama. Best seat I have ever used. Had it reupholstered with convertible top material. Small boarding platform for dogs is teak. It is used to give dogs a place to place their front feet as I hoist them up. There are downrigger bases in rear corners for downriggers I machined myself. Has a bimini top which I haven't used in years. All the plastic pieces that came with the top were replaced with aluminum pieces I machined myself.

This boat has been to many locations over the decades. Served me well. Fished the Finger Lakes, and around Lake Ontario including crossing to Coburg from Rochester one time, went to Rocky Point ,Tortuga island and San Pedro islands in Mexico. All over the Western lakes in Az, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. Caught many species of fish.

Now it is used exclusively at Roosevelt Lake in Az. It has had five German Wirehairs grow up with lots of boating time. Three were in the boat as weiner pups and it was some of their earliest experiences. I always have them with me when I fish these days. They get to jump out to run on the islands. Great fun for all.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by Azshooter; 03/22/20.