Originally Posted by battue

It's a guess, but I'm not about to accept it to be wildasssed....

Now here would be another guess....define it as you will.....but it is far from wildasssed....

The Deer management philosophy of the last couple decades has been enlightening at minimum.....However, I question how much the data they obtain and make conclusions on are based on Whitetails in their natural environment. In fact one of their goals is to keep the big boys on the home grounds....to breed and to shoot.....Old David Morris and the boys do their best to keep the genes at home....You want to get data on Whitetails in a natural environment, and not Deer who are fortunate to live and die in a controlled honey hole, then you best study the Adirondacks or the Maine Great woods. Year round supplemental farming and feeding pales to their natural environment. Combine it with the fact, damn few individuals get to manage a piece of private ground where Deer can stay on it and still travel 7-12miles.

However, since most of us today, North and South, mostly hunt smaller parcels, their work is relevant to most of our situations....

Wildassed at best. Just because "few individuals get to manage a piece of private ground where deer can stay on and still travel 7-12 miles" does not mean this type of deer movement doesn't happen, which is one of the premises of your guess. Like I mentioned previously, my biologist friend had stacks of data on the subject, including free range herds from all over TX, parts of Oklahoma, and Old MX, as natural as it gets. These were not HF in a "honey hole" environment. Whether you choose to accept it or not, keep guessing, or whatever is up to you. You'd really have your head spinning if you read his no moon/full moon data.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.