A friend of my wife’s, a lady she works with a dearly cares for just passed away from anal/rectal cancer (NOT Covid related). Colleen was 41 years old, wasn’t married and had no children but she had the deep and eternal love of her sweet and dedicated parents. Her parents live in Arizona and flew up here constantly to take care of their daughter. She took a leave of absence last week because of Covid but she preferred to work because “it’s better than staring at 4 walls waiting to die”. She didn’t realize that the LOA suspended her airline employee guest passes which meant she could still fly standby but her parents couldn’t. My wife gave her some of ours and they flew up a few days ago. She went under hospice care yesterday and passed early this morning. We’re thankful that the good Lord took her quickly and that her end was peacefull and sudden rather than spending weeks in pain physically and emotionally.

As I get older I realize the inevitability of death and I don’t fear it but it’s hard burying family and friends. I guess burying our loved ones is one of the prices of growing old but it never gets easier. I tend to do some self-reflection during times like these and I thank God for the blessings he’s bestowed on me and my family. I’m in love with my best friend and soul mate, my children are healthy and my family is close although we do all miss mom.

If you’re inclined to do so please keep her family in your prayers. No parent should have to bury their child.

Thanks, Bill

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~