Matty99669: I'll share ONE of my favorite/most used Rifles for my region and for some of the game I use it for.
I killed my latest Whitetail Deer, my latest Antelope and my latest Mule Deer with the Rifle I'll describe to you.
It is, of course, in caliber 270 Winchester.
The Rifle and scope are as follows: Remington 700 Sendero (26" heavy barrel with fiberglass factory stock) with a Leupold 6.5x20x40mm variable scope (this one has a 30mm tube!) with fine Du-Plex reticle. This Remington Sendero is what I describe as an "extremely accurate" Rifle.
I use this Rifle for Whitetails, as where I Hunt the ranges are ALWAYS long - 350 yards minimum (on out to my furthest kill at 510 lasered yards).
This all factory stock Rifle has an excellent trigger and its mass is very helpful afield when I am shooting under improvised conditions.
Knock on wood - I have killed my last 7 (seven) Whitetail Bucks with this Rifle firing a total of 7 (seven!) shots.
Again knock on wood!
Patience, a heavy, accurate Rifle with a top quality scope and a good bi-pod and this makes for a pleasing and humane outcome.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy