Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Great suggestion Gunner. Back when I only used a 300wm for hunting, I decided I'd make it simple and just run the 200gr Nosler partition for deer and elk. I ran them right around 2,900 fps, or a hair over. I generally found most of my 300's liked that speed with the 200gr bullet. They sure are accurate and hit hard too. I'm actually wondering why some guys made a switch to a mono barnes bullet, saying they worked better than the good ol 200gr Nosler. I've never seen an issue with the 200gr partition, as they have always gotten full penetration (something I can't say about the 180 in the 300 mags). They also work great in my 30-06 rifles too. One of the reason I always have 200gr partitions in the loading room.

Damn right Buddy, that bullet works at 3K or 2700 in an '06, turns it into the hammer that CAN ; ] the 220gr Partition at a lowly 2750 is a hell of a bull banger too, loaded some of those for one of the same set of Buds that has an old Remington 300 H&H, he kills right along with the rest of them, all the while sporting a 80's vintage gloss Burris scope. smile

I love the 200gr Nosler partition and I have bought them dirt cheap. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why they made the switch to the mono metal because that bullet did a better job. Or, so they say it did. I'm not against the Barnes by any means either, as I've shown I load them. I'll end up using them, eventually, but highly doubt I'll see a meaningful difference as far as putting animals down. The partitions have always worked extremely well for me and friends, as have the Hornady interlocks and many other bullets we've tried.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA