Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Seems like in the beginning with the introduction of the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge there were many whom had made the purchase thereof were somewhat 'chided' for doing so. However, for the individual that doesn't handload their ammo it's a very good cartridge as there is commercial ammo that is very accurate at a reasonable cost. I've got a buddy, Jeff Southern that shoots with me and yesterday Jeff proceeded to shoot these five shots into a fist sized five shot group from 900 yards. This was shooting the Berger 140 Hybrid Target bullet. This isn't the first time I might add as it occurs on a regular basis!

Looks like Jeff knows his way around a rifle, nice shootin!

The supposed "Creedmoor fad" and emergence of the haters is an interesting phenomenon for those of us who were aware of the cartridge and using it for a while before it was popular. The cartridge had been around for quite a while and used with great success, but a lot of people never heard of it because it didn't really hit the mainstream until it started getting gun magazine articles written about it. Then all of a sudden this cartridge we'd been using was "new", then supposedly a "fad", and then some guys started hating on it because of it's popularity. Meanwhile those of us who'd been using it already are looking around wondering "what's going on here?". Seems like a lot of unnecessary hoopla stemming mostly from the barely-informed masses who get all their info from gun magazines.

Last edited by Yondering; 05/13/20.