Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by 79S
Nothing wrong with 6.5 cm, I will say it was one of the easiest to get to shoot. Pick a 4350 powder and bullet of choice and go shoot.

For sure.

And, you can even get great performance with factory ammo.

Can’t say that for every round.

DF

Sure as chidt. I have a funny story to tell about a coworker I sold my Savage 12fv to. He was feeling left out because he didn't have a rifle to shoot when we went and shot 400 yards, so I sold him one of my 6.5's. Yeah, the rifle shoots very well. I worked it over like usual with bedding and load development. Anyway, this is how she shot with my handloads:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I made him a package deal for $500.00. SWFA SS 16X MIL/MIL quad etc and rifle. I scribed the turret so that I could shoot out to 1000 yards with the rifle. So anyway, last weekend he is bear hunting with my boss and my bosses father in law that recently bought a Huskemaw rifle for $7,000.00. I guess my bosses FIL was having a hard time hitting the target at 550 yards, so my shop forman pulls out the rifle I sold him and he calmly turned the dial until it was in between the 5 and 6 that I had scribed:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

He adjusts the parallax/focus on the scope and puts 2 right in the middle of the target, then calmly puts the rifle back in its case. My boss and his FIL say, "aren't you going to shoot anymore". He says, "no I'm good, I hit the target. You guys need to keep shooting though".. This wasn't shot with my handloads either, but with the Hornady match load that uses the same bullet my handload does. It runs about 30-50 fps slower than my loads do... There are some good factory ammo out there for the creed, for sure.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA