Originally Posted by Filaman
I think a .25-06 is a fantastic round. The 6.5 super duper shoot to the next zip code guns have actually been equaled and in some cases surpassed, but market hype keeps 'em spinning their yarn.

7mms and even .270s with custom barrels with 1:8 twists will send 170 grain Hi BC bullets as far as most any 6.5. The .25-06 with an even moderately tight twist will actually shoot a 120 grain bullet as far as most people need to be shooting at game anyway.

But if Berger or Matrix or some of the other custom bullet makers would get on the stick they could sell a lot of bullets. You can right now have yourself a .257 barrel made with a 1:9 or 1:8 twist. I had Krieger make me a 1:9 barrel for my .250 Savage and I shoot 115, 117 and 120 grain bullets in it exclusively.

All is lacking for the .25s to join the ultra long range club is these bullet companies to join the 21st Century and make some 140-150, yes even 160 grain VLD bullets for them. Then "INSTANT SUCCESS STORY!" Run those through a .25-06 or a .257 WBY and you're gonna blow almost if not all 6.5s out of the water.

FlimFlamMa'm,

Your bone deep Retardation is fhuqking HILARIOUS and your haste to tote STUPIDITY to places it's never been before,is rather impressive...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

REALLY enjoyed your "prowess" with,"specifying" a 9" RPM 250 Salvage,to squirt Nerf Balls at a Retard's pace,though that is your "speed". Hint. LAUGHING!

Swing for the fence and cite which 115,117 and 120gr .257" boresize projectiles,excite you so. Then extrapolate how adding more trajectory correction,more windage correction,more recoil and reduced terminal effects are "good" things in your book and be sure to weigh your crossed-eyes heavily. Hint.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps,despite your gross inability to attain a FIRST Fhuqking Clue about anything,other than what a window tastes like. Hint.

Now after the OP has changed more than a few thangs,she should perhaps keep in mind that a Factory 6 Kreedmire,will swat a Factory 25-06 silly. Might just be,because boolits matter and it's copiously frosted over the counter,with offerings that ain't Dog Schit fhuqking Junk. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

You Drooling Fhuqtards never disappoint,by simply doing your best and the collective inability to score an inkling,is fhuqking MAGNIFICENT.

Bless your hearts for fhuqking trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."