Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by sbhooper
I have two with Criterion barrels. They both shoot anything that I want to put through them. Those that hate them, don't know them. It is a good, mild-shooting/recoiling, easy loading cartridge that performs extremely well on range, or on deer and antelope. I'll keep mine.

Kind reminds me of that 6.5 caliber by Remington that uses the 308 case....

the one they launched back in '97....

I think I can remember that one... grin

DF

Yeah, but that one is dead/dying..

Not if you handload, and not if there an endless supply of 308 brass still hanging around....

For long range, I had a long action "Creedmoor" made by re barreling a 30/06 a long time ago, and my logic was laughed at on the campfire...then Hornady took the same idea, and applied it to a short action instead....using a 250 AI case pretty much..

What I put together was essentially a cartridge that came out before the 30/30....necked up a 257 Roberts case to 6.5 mm, put a 28 inch Pac Nor Barrel on a Model 70 action.. seating 142 gr bullets to magazine length, seated to where the bullet was magazine length, so more powder room in the case....the barrel is a heavy magnum contour with a one in 7 twist....

compared over chronographs... it has more MV than a couple of friends 6.5/06, 6.5/06 AI, and 6.5 x 284s that had 24 and 26 inch barrels...

a Swedish Mauser, 1919 version with the long military factory barrel, isn't no slouch either....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez