Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

No idea. Don't care. At the first sight of blue lights, an intelligent person slows down and pulls over at the first place available which will ensure the safety of officers approaching his car. He then opens the drivers door and waits patiently with his hands on the steering wheel.

An intelligent person understands that he can not out run the radio. And any attempt to do so will just result in additional defense proof felony charges.

Interesting.

Does an intelligent person understand that after being handcuffed he might lose a physical confrontation with four police officers?

What level of force would you categorize a PIT maneuver?

Yes he absolutely does. And absolutely, the PIT maneuver is lethal force.

But sometimes it is the minimal force needed to stop a dangerous pursuit.

I deeply respect your opinions. I have come to believe they are formed of actual experience. In reference to the "Floyd Incident" you have not once seen me criticize the knee on the neck. Nor have I criticized any part of the treatment of Floyd while in custody. Right up to the point they killed him.

I have said from the very first, long before any autopsy results, the knee upon the neck was not cause of death. COD was positional asphyxiation. One can see it obviously on the video taken from the Cops' rear.

Hell, I have seen 1000 lb horses damn near killed from a cinch tightened too much. The rider had better recognize the signs and loosen the cinch, or it's a dead horse.

A horse or a cow will die if they fall or lay down with their back down hill. They suffocate. Positional asphyxiation is a real thing.

If Police Officers are going to use the restraint techniques employed in the "Floyd Incident", It would behoove them to become somewhat familiar with mammalian physiology. Perhaps someone in Academy should educate cadets upon the basic necessity of the human organism for oxygen. And further educate them as to the mechanisms for supplying oxygen to the system.

The first thing the Officers did wrong in Floyd's death was that they continued to suffocate him after he became nonresponsive.

The second thing was that they refused to react to the fact when one of their own informed them that they had killed Floyd.

The third thing they did wrong was to refuse Floyd aid from a qualified bystander.

You say you have read the autopsy.

Please post your source so we all can see the “asphyxiation” diagnosis.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord