I will attempt to put the good info into one post!

SCOPE!!!

Bedding maybe could use a little work but would not cause what you are experiencing to that degree.

What you need to do!

Get a Fixed 6 SWFA or a 10 power will work if you don't mind losing some field of view and want to shoot critters past 600 yds. My opinion is for what you are likely doing you would like the 6 better

If you decide you want to mess with bedding a little more after fixing your scope issue relieve the bottom, sides, and front as was mentioned. One other thing that may have been mentioned that I didn't see is the action screws should be clear of any bedding as well. If you relieve the lug make sure the back of the recoil lug is tight against the bedding when you tighten the action screws. Personally I have bedded the recoil lug solid on several rifles and they still shot 5/8" or less at 100 yds with numerous 3 shot groups with dialed in handloads

If your under 1" with factory ammo when your done with your rifle I would call it more than acceptable

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field