I apologize for dredging up an old thread, but it was easier than trying to explain why I am saying what I am.
I heard about the 6x47 when I was a kid. It was a good idea back then, for what it was intended, mainly a small rifle for a boy, girl, or small woman to start hunting with for deer or antelope.
It is light, accurate, and has adequate power out to about 300 yards for what it is intended.
Because the AR-15 was just coming online, someone got the idea to use .223 cases, and the 6x45 became popular.
I thought that was a pretty good idea, but didn't do anything about it, until recently I was at the LGS's shop checking on some work I was having done.
the GS was holding a bolt and playing with it. Anyone who has disassembled an M98 bolt knows it's a ton of fun. The GS was popping the bolt apart and putting it back together, with no problem and no tools! I asked what he had in his hands, and he told me "A Howa!"
I decided to get one then and there.
I bought a .223 action and decided to build something. I thought about the 6x45, but decided to get something larger. My decision was the 6.5 TCU.
The TCUs are for handguns, and the bullets are seated out too long for most rifles. They will fit in regular SAs, but I felt that the balance would be a bit peculiar, so I ordered a reamer with no throat, then got a separate throating reamer so I adjust the bullet to be seated wherever I choose.
I figured the go-to bullets would be 85gr Sierra hollow-points or Speer 90gr TNTs, so I put a short throat in, and just seat the base of the bullet into the case further, against the present train of thought.
I got a small laminated Richard's Micro-fit classic style stock, and Pac-Nor 20" pencil barrel, and 1-4x variable Leopold scope, and after assembly tried it out.
Most of my shooting is over my Oehler chronograph, so while 'grouping' I can keep track of ballistics, and use every different powder I can.
I don't have the load-book right here with me, but I can tell you that it worked out real well for me.
I would say, though, that if I were to do it again, I would like to try a Mini-Mauser action, or Mini-Howa action. I am happy enough with what I have, so it'll be a while before I try.
I use the little terror more for calling coyotes, than deer, but it'll reach as far as I wish it to. I can almost put it into my pocket to carry it into the stand, it's so small.
Have fun,
Gene