Interesting commentary. Maybe Agent Orange may play a small part in perceived early outs. The VA is doing a better job now.

Back in high school-first years of college, people were overly concerned about the draft-for obvious reasons. I had a Marine friend and we were interested in the same blonde gal.
Before we killed each other, a West Point Captain beat both of us out.

My friend said that I was running out of time-so I signed up for ROTC and later volunteered for Vietnam while assigned to the 10th Special Forces Group at Ft. Devens., MA.
Ended up at Khe Sanh with MACVSOG. It's always amazed me that the NVA used the same firing data and cave hideouts for the 122 mm howitzers used on the Marines in 67 that they used on us in 1971. We should have gotten them before since they were just inside the Laotian border in the limestone karches.

The real heroes are those who did'nt make it back. My Dad was a bombardier on B-24s in WWII-8th AAF. 30 missions over Nazi Germany. He lost a lot of friends and saw their planes go down. No patience with these flag burners. People are in Arlington National who died carrying that flag or under it.

5th-7th-10th Special Forces (ABN) MACVSOG (71-72)
De Oppresso Liber

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"- PLATO

Last edited by 450Fuller; 06/23/20.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....