Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
If you've an Interstate within a days treck, you ain't immune to the effects of a collapse, and that includes myself....

43 miles and 4 mountains between the nearest Interstate and my cabin. An angry mob wouldn't make it past the first one, much less the 4th one at McDowell. McClellan got his ass whipped by Stonewall Jackson there and we sure as hell are better armed this go round.

3 hr drive on 2 lane open highways with some scattered towns slowing things down here and there to ANY of the nearest freeways. We're talking about 150 miles to the closest one.

National Geographic did an article on the SE Oregon outback a good number of years ago. There's a spot up the road from here that has the distinction of being the spot in the US of A that is the farthest from an Interstate in any direction. Out near Frenchglen I think.

Considering "They" have to come up from Reno, or over from I5, or maybe come down from Boise, I'm guessing we'll know the Revolution has started long before it gets here. And even for Cali, this area is fairly well armed.

Sure Geno.... just wait till the burning man crowd shows up in your hood.... wink

Buncha wimpy drunks in that crowd fubar,

Scared of The Corona.....................cancelled and went virtual this year.

Should be a cool show, eh? A virtual Burning Man..................... laugh laugh

Town sure likes and needs there money though. Going to hurt a lot of businesses here.

Like I said, If y'all weren't quite SO liberal, I'd have been there already.... mite could have handled the Burning Man crowd 15 years ago when I was in college, but not anymore, not a chance, regardless of the economic opportunity those fools represent.

Shirley you jest..... oh wait you must be talkin about Jud? proceed..... smile

I'm guessing PeeDee knows this area and might have ended up here if it wasn't in Kommiefornia.

Pee Dee, most of the folks I know here just want their money! Then they wave goodbye until they come back through on the way home again. Then they wave goodbye again until the next year.

A necessary evil I guess, kind of like Cali fly fishermen going to MT to fish and bringing their cash!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?