It’s pretty common for DeFlave and others to try and shame people here for stuff they don’t have, which shaming is obviously flagrant idiocy.

Vagrancy too implies no means of support.

I have been fortunate, when my Dad got disabled in my youth and five of us were living in a rented two-bedroom house dependent on my mom’s modest income, accepting public assistance wasn’t even considered. Frankly, considering we had just left Working-class England of the 60’s we thought we was living high on the hog 🙂 Heck, for us just being in AMERICA was a luxury. That house being where I lived until I left for good at 18.

Likewise in my youth, the times I qualified for unemployment I was too proud to take it (a luxury afforded to those with no dependents I know).

OK, I get that for the past 30+ years I have been on the public teat teaching in a place where many will not but......

I have never defaulted on any debt and I can’t recall over the decades the last time I have even been late paying.

Anyways, I’m living like I’m living for the benefit of family, like most of us I’d guess. Other than the taxpayers I suppose I have never taken a free dime from anyone who weren’t family and so far I’m a burden to no one.

The Government just did give me $1,200 I know which I am assured they will get back in taxes, makes me uneasy but I did spend half of it on a firearm, looks like the rest of it is gonna go towards shipping puppies, driving em to NY myself is looking increasingly problematic.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744