Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
If Berger is pushing their 156 EOL's at 2,800 out of the Creed with RL-26, wonder why Hornady doesn't include RL-26 in their data?

I don't know if those 153's have more resistance, but you'd think they'd move as fast as the heavier Berger.

Berger uses a std. primer, max load of RL-26, 103% fill ratio (mild compression) at 2,800 fps with their 156 EOL at 2.8" COAL. That long bullet has to be protruding well into the case at that COAL. For sure Berger has checked psi with this load.

Hornady tops out their 153's at 2,650 or so with 4 powders. I'm thinking RL-26 will out perform all four. I won't publish Berger's max load as they currently only give it out orally, but see no problem sharing per PM.

DF

Are you certain that Berger is actually pressure-testing their data with live-fire experimentation? I was under the impression that their load data is simulated using something like QL. I'll also point out that Hornady's load data tends to be on the slow side compared with the data published by many other bullet and powder manufacturers.