Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
If you've an Interstate within a days treck, you ain't immune to the effects of a collapse, and that includes myself....

43 miles and 4 mountains between the nearest Interstate and my cabin. An angry mob wouldn't make it past the first one, much less the 4th one at McDowell. McClellan got his ass whipped by Stonewall Jackson there and we sure as hell are better armed this go round.

3 hr drive on 2 lane open highways with some scattered towns slowing things down here and there to ANY of the nearest freeways. We're talking about 150 miles to the closest one.

National Geographic did an article on the SE Oregon outback a good number of years ago. There's a spot up the road from here that has the distinction of being the spot in the US of A that is the farthest from an Interstate in any direction. Out near Frenchglen I think.

Considering "They" have to come up from Reno, or over from I5, or maybe come down from Boise, I'm guessing we'll know the Revolution has started long before it gets here. And even for Cali, this area is fairly well armed.

There are more places in Alaska farther away from an interstate than any place in OR by a lot... You could drop all of Oregon and Washington together in any number of places much farther away from an interstate. And do it on the diagonal...

Absolutely amazed at your depth of geography..

Your personal skill at ALMOST remembering "Breath in, breathe out, breath in, breath out" is amazing...

Its what keeps me going...

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii