Originally Posted by zeissman
Originally Posted by sbhooper
Originally Posted by Puddle
Just finished verifying rifle, scope, and ammo at 400 yards.

Over the counter 6.5 Creed, & factory 143 gr. ELDX ammo - consistently less than 1 moa out to 400 yds.

Time for Elk camp.

ai would not use the ELDX on elk. Just me, but I have read/seen too much variation in their performance. I would take a standard Interlock long before I would take the ELDX.

I've had a fair amount of deer hunting time (no closed season) with my Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor and agree with sbhooper. Preferred choice for elk (or wapiti as we call them in my part of the world) would be the 140 gr Nosler partition. I've shot quite a few red deer with the 143 gr ELD-X and had a few less than ideal outcomes such as large shallow wounds and also some shots that have hardly expanded and pencilled right through. I wouldn't use that bullet on large red stags which are massive in my area, not far off elk size. The Nosler partition is still, after all these years, one of the most reliable and best killing bullets available. Even so, I prefer my .308 with the 165 gr NP for large stags to the 6.5 CM with the 140 gr NP.

Absolutely correct.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.