Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Hypothermia makes them feel warm at some point.

It is called paradoxical disrobing, an effect of severe hypothermia. We were on a mission many years ago looking for the wife of a local businessman in the mountains of Colorado. We found her unconscious , naked with her clothing strewn about the trail and her horse nearby. While it looked like a crime scene, it was not , she had severe hypothermia after falling off her horse. Weird stuff!

Troublesome,

You know where our ranch is in Colorado. Was setting at the dining room window one July day watching a few snow flurries when two college kids just ambled down the driveway right out of the woods. I say WTF??? When I got to them they were almost to the ranch gate. One definitely going hypothermic. They had crossed the red top ditch (chest deep). And were soaking wet! Tried to get them back to the house. They wouldn’t budge.
Called sheriff. Got one into ranch dump truck that was at the gate (the one in the worse condition). Sheriff arrives and got them out in his SUV. There were about 5-6 miles from their camp and had no clue where they were. They saw the ranches red barn from top of mountain and were trying to get to it. Missed it by about 2 miles.

One was from Denver other from Odessa Tx. Crazy!

why did you call the sheriff?

Calling the sheriff seems like a logical step to take in order to get help for two people who needed help and were unwilling to accept the offer of help despite their obvious need for it. What would you have done if you had seen the condition that they were in and because of their compromised metal state were unable to help themselves?

so if they were unwilling to get help which I dont believe would the deputy then tase and handcuff them?

I've never been a LEO so I don't know what a deputy would do, but by calling the sheriff Kaywoodie elevated the problem to "the authorities" and whatever happened to the two young men, he had done his due diligence. Whenever I find unknown people trespassing on our property I report them to the sheriff and press charges unless they are neighbors who we are on good terms with..