Any of the faster 7mms or 30s would be ideal. Not sure about the 30 Nosler but I hit a recoil threshold with the 300WM and 200 grain bullets in an 8lb. or less rifle. I don't know why but 7mm 175 grain bullets seem to kick less than 180 grain 30s at similar velocities, it makes no sense and the rifles both fit me. I think the 30 has more momentum or something else that makes perceived recoil greater. The charge weights are within about 5 grains of each other so it is not powder mass.

A 280 AI could be built lighter than the PRC and Nosler and still be easy to shoot. I am thinking about recoil as the 30s could be built lighter too.
For some reason the 280AI seems much milder in recoil than the 7RM even when the velocities are close. More powder in the 7RM plus blast and noise so maybe not surprising.

For me the 280AI hits an ideal balance for a 7mm, the other one is the 7mm Mashburn Magnum. I could be happy with either or both.

Last edited by Tejano; 09/24/20.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli