There have been multiple threads on the years I've been a member here re "serious hunters."

Seems everyone has their own idea of who meets that moniker, some of which are so far from my own that I can't even process them with my narrow engineering brain!

My best friend and business partner of nearing 3 decades is a serious hunter. He was born in London to a WWII hero and followed his Dad into the Services, after completing an HNC in Engineering, but prior to his University degree. He early in his hunting life decided that the wild sheep of the world were his love and has concentrated on them since before we met. He is a Desert Bighorn shy of his second North American Grand Slam and has his Ovis World Slam. Along the way he collected 5 of the goats to complete a Capra World Slam, and out of the blue, at age 62 told me last year he wanted to get 7 more and thus earn the Capra, and then be one of less than 200 to complete a Triple Slam this century.

We are headed overseas in just under a month to start that last leg, and I wanted a special set of knives to give him to mark the occasion. We went through freaking drawers worth at my homes, perused countless pics online...then, ONE caught his eye. It was a Menefee boning knife pictured under a Dexter Russell fillet. I got hold of Rick and gave him some dimensions and tweaks we'd like, and also a loose design for a matching semi skinner. Rick took it all in stride with never a hesitation, just "yep, I can make that happen." And he did...

Thank you, Rick. You're an artist.

Attached Images
FullSizeRender copy.JPEG (38.88 KB, 1066 downloads)
RMK Ricasso copy.jpg (27.09 KB, 1038 downloads)
RMK Tang copy.jpg (18.01 KB, 995 downloads)
RMK_Sheaths copy.jpg (28.45 KB, 930 downloads)

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...