I am currently shopping for a new boat... looking high and low... I could buy new if I need to. Sitting on my hands waiting for a fair deal on just the right boat.

Doing my research... I see Evinrude and Johnson motor options are no longer available because they went out of business.

Yamaha, Honda and a few other Japanese manufacture motors are available but tough to find.

I do however.... see a whole bunch of Mercury motors on boats all over. Some boat makers will only let you have a Mercury motor on their boats. I see Mercury motors from 6hp to 60hp are all made in China.

I see Mercury manufacturing plant in Fond Du Lac Wisconsin received 50 million in government tax dollars to train and retain workers... AND, at the same time got an exemption on import tariffs on the boat motors they import under their name from China . So, if they are importing all these small outboard motors from China... what did they need the 50 Million for ?

Why are my tax dollars being used to boost the profits of an importer for a Chinese manufacturer... when the Evinrude plant in Sturdivant Wisconsin goes the way of Pontiac and Studebaker...

Just thinking. Would you drop $5750.00 for a Chinese boat motor ?

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.