I am so low tech or I would post a picture of the rifle, maybe some day I will learn how. It is looking like H4350 will be where I start for my hunting ammo. It gives good velocities with 250 grain bullets and we all know what a great powder H4350 is. Fortunately I laid in a supply of it a couple years ago when a local store got a few cases of it in. Got 200 pieces of new Starline brass a bunch of primers and yesterday I received the custom made .348 Ackley Improved dies from Whidden. Best looking set of dies I own.

The original owner of Alaska Bullet Works passed away a few months ago and I bought a substantial amount of their remaining Flat Nosed .348, 358 and 45-70 bullets. They still have some 45-70 bullets left and it is the bullet big bear and moose guide Phil Shoemaker stated he uses in his personal 45-70 rifles. That's a pretty good recommendation coming from a big bear guide with a long history of dealing with them.

Any way, I talked to a friend of the family a couple days ago and he told me some one from Sitka is buying the bullet making equipment Karl used. Hopefully this is true and they will get up and running some time next year. If I lived in the "lower 48" I would not use the heavy bullets in my lever guns, but for Alaska they are what I want.