Thanks guys for the responses. I like the looks of their gear and what seems to be their philosophy with their bigger packs - simple but tough. The weight seems to be in their suspension and heavy duty materials, not in frivolous extras. The Hills seem like stand up guys, as far as I can tell from reading about strangers online.

I am pretty nervous about ordering a pack just for it to be a bad fit. Return shipping wouldn't be cheap for a pack like the Qui-Ya! I wish HPG had had their store open back when I lived in Grand Junction. I probably will end up ordering one of their packs eventually and just bite the bullet if I end up having to return it. Seems like HPG stuff is probably worth the gamble.

Any Umlindi users? I have an 18 inch torso and am wondering how that would work. In one of the videos, Mr. Hill said it was designed to be like the fire packs he used while on a hotshot crew. The popular Mystery Ranch fire packs don't cut it for me, so that potential use of the Umlindi has me thinking.