Oh boy...now I am going to get on your [bleep] list. And I don't really mean to. I have a fairly elaborate shooting shack and range in my yard, for my use and for customers and friends, a great variety of rifles and shooters come here in August and September, of varying experience levels. Have had a few guys show up with their lead sleds usually with teenagers and/or wives to try to save wear and tear on the recoil shy smaller folks. A noble sentiment..but it has yet to translate to good results on target that I can see. Maybe they are using it wrong...but if they ask me for help, I do help, firing 3 to 5 shots with their rifle just using bags and a good shooting coat. Generally...problem solved, rifle, ammo and scope are ok. Of course, sometimes the usual suspects are the problem, loose action screws, bad scope, etc. But my point is...the lead sled, in my experience, is not the 'end all be all' of bench testing. It is just my personal opinion, that an experienced shooter, using good bench technique, using plain old bags and/or rests with a good padded coat will get more satisfactory results. I would imagine that if a person had a lot of time and patience, he could develop a technique that would use the lead sled to it's best advantage. There remains the fact that artillery pieces or rifles need to be allowed to recoil to achieve their finest accuracy....that is why machine rests are so ungodly expensive...the recoil mechanism. Otherwise, you could secure the arm to a 20 ton cement block and get world record groups, but that doesn't happen does it?
But, I feel your pain, 4 inch groups at 50 yards? That is truly epic.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.