Soup, your rifle is probably late 1977 to sometime in 1978. Mine is a 132 series which also has the Wilson barrels. Before you get too discouraged shoot the rifle and see what it does. Mine does not like the lighter weight bullets but does quite well with the 100 gr. Hornady SP. No use giving you the load as the powder used was discontinued about 11 years ago.

All my Ruger #1s except one are red pad guns which mean odds are they have the Wilson barrels. The black pad gun is a #1S in .300 Win. Mag. The black pad guns are reputed to have Ruger made barrels.

Try your loads with the light weight bullets. They might surprise you. If they don't work out go heavier. Years back before I ever got a #1, my coyote rifle was a Kodiak Mauser in .243. I kind of dual purposed that rifle using the 100 gr. Hornady for deer and coyote. Surprised me when it didn't mangle up the pelts real bad. Back in 77,78 and 79 pelts were bringing some very decent money.

One more thing, about those Wilson barrels. It doesn't take too much badmouthing about a problem like those barrels were all bad. Truth is, they're not all bad. Some shoot great right out of the box. Some need tinkering and frankly a few need to go back to Ruger to get squared away. Let's look at it this way, I have a few #1s and all but two shoot just fine. The two that don't I'll be tearing into to figure out what needs to be done. First will be some loads with 200 and 220 gr. bullets. Both rifle are 30-06 and have long throats. That might be an easy fix, if I'm luck. After that, who knows?

If you have problems, feel free to PM me with questions. I won't make any promises I'll have a solution but I'll try.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE