The problem is that the "hate" group balance has made a large shift in the last five decades. Under the broad umbrella of "hate" activity, is there still white supremacy and such? Of course, but it makes up a much smaller portion of the overall than it used to. It seems like much of the "hate" these days comes from the other side of the aisle, yet the old white supremacy example gets trotted out all the time with a small handful of actual evidence, while the volumes of other evidence is overlooked on purpose. America sees this, much like the "Cops shoot unarmed minorities" dogma. Do unarmed minorities get shot by cops? Of course, but the TV and internet would have you believe that it happens 5 times a day in all the major US cities. America sees this too. If the numbers added up, it would make sense that "hate groups" and "racist cops" are the problem, but the numbers simply don't show that. America knows this. The country I live in, by and large, is a much less racist place these days than when I was a kid 30 years ago. I'm talking real life here. Watching the MSM, you'd think is was up 200%.

Now with even more aplomb