Originally Posted by Swifty52
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:30 AM
To: Gonzalez, Speedy
Subject: RE: L-32

Speedy,

The LT-32 is an exact copy of the original T-32 manufactured in the same plant and on the same machinery as the original. Lou Murdica has been extensively testing it and he tells us it is the easiest powder to tune that he has seen in 40 years. According to Lou, the chamber that everybody was using in the 80's will work with this powder. The bullets do not need to be seated way out in order to get more powder in the case. In testing the powder in our Bond Universal receiver against the origin "T' powder, my S.D.'s were about 30% lower with the new powder versus the "T" powder. Lou and Don Nielson donated 16 pounds of the original T-32 lot of powder for our quality control and that is what the new powder is shot against. All of our powders are allowed to deviate +3% to -5% in pressure from the quality control lot except LT-32 which we cut the deviation percentages in half in order to have the best lot to lot consistency in the industry for this powder. Another advantage of LT-32 is the fact that our Accurate 2015 can be blended with this powder if anyone wants to adjust the burn rate. 2015 is also manufactured on the machinery, has the same geometry but is about 10% slower that LT-32.

Just a note on Hodgdon's 8208. The 8208 that is being brought into the country is not being brought in for the benchrest market as most people believe. It is being brought into the country for military contracts and it just so happened that it worked in the PPC. It is being QC'd for those military contracts not for benchrest shooters. There is more money in the military side of selling powder. I work directly with the company using it for military applications. LT-32 is just the opposite. We developed this powder specifically for the 6mm PPC and it is QC'd in the 6mm PPC.

I can send you a sample if you would like.

Best regards,
Keith Anderson
Western Powders Ballistic Lab

I agree with the first paragraph, I have shot with Lou quite a few times at Benchrest match's in several states, at one particular match I was having a dreadful day and Lou borrowed me his Neil Jones powder measure filled with this LT-32 powder when it was still in the developmental stage. and even told me how much to load. Lou is a great guy and loves to tinker with everything to make the sport better.

As for the second paragraph it is not entirely true as I understand it. Lou Murdica was working with IMR trying to recreate the original 8208 that Benchresters love hence the name IMR8208XBR, I had an 8 pounder of the original lot and it shot fantastic in my 6ppc and I know many others that had the same opinion.
It was about that time that IMR told Lou to go F himself that they were changing the formula for the military contract they had just landed. It only took about 15min shooting the new lot to realize it was unfit for benchrest any longer. It was at this point that Lou started working with Western Powders.