In full disclosure I post this.
I recently sold a Leupold scope to a fellow CampFirer here on.
The scope was a gloss Leupold 3x9 with adjustable objective. The scope had come to me on a Rifle and I replaced said scope before ever using it.
The scope sat with me for some time (years) until I saw our fellow CampFirer wanted one of these.
We settled on a price and off went the scope to the fellow CampFirer.
Once to him he discovered a problem with one of the windage adjustments and notified me immediately.
I sent back the fellow CampFirers monies PLUS an additional $20.00 for his time and trouble.
When I got the scope back I saw what his complaint was about and immediately (and for the first time in my life!) sent the scope to Leupold & Stevens Company enclosing with the scope the handy downloadable page for information on the scopes problem and my shipping information.
Well this morning the Leupold people sent me an E-mail saying the scope would be repaired and giving the time frame to it being returned to me (within 5 weeks of its receipt last week).
I was hoping the Leupold folks would elaborate on what was wrong /what happened with this scopes adjuster (feels locked up) so I could relay it to the CampFire but they did not - maybe it will be explained with the scopes return?
If so I will let you all know.
So after way more that half a centuries worth of using Leupold scopes (way more than 100 of these!), binoculars, spotting scopes and compass's I have experienced my first "failure".
Long live Leupold & Stevens - a fine American company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy