Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by SuperCub
"It's once fired." ........ <LOL>

Or "Never been fired" revolver.

Until you open the cylinder and look at the breach face, under the ejector rod or around the forcing cone.

Not so much at gun shows but apparently the current fad on gunbroker is to describe something as "doesn't look like it's been fired much". Gee, no [bleep], I can clean up a firearm real good so it doesn't look like it's been fired much, too.

Gunshows definitely ain't what they used to be when any T, D and H could get an FFL and didn't need to support a brick and mortar store. Used to be a fellow that would come down to Boise from someplace in Washington and would have 5 end tables loaded with every brand and kind of NIB handgun you could imagine. He kept them under plastic sheets to keep the looky-loos from fingerprinting them but you could examine them if you asked. He had excellent prices, well under any retail store in the area.

Still go to shows occasionally, partly out of something to do and partly 'cause you never know...

Last show here in February I found a nice Remington 121 from 1939 in better shape than most of them for sale on gunbroker. Got to examine it thoroughly before buying so I wasn't dependent on some half ass photographer's images of his socks next to his firearm lying on the floor, then got to haggle an agreeable price and didn't have to add shipping plus FFL fee plus waiting and hoping some shipping company didn't destroy it.

Also got a Smith Model 35-1 at that same show in very good to excellent shape, something I'd had my eye out for on gunbroker for a while. Also got it for a reasonable price, a good bit under what most all of them are selling for on GB, and again with no shipping or FFL fee or waiting.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!