Originally Posted by DingoDuk
Originally Posted by Anteloper
I have a Ruger Alaskan, 20” stainless in .416 Ruger. Love it!
Never shot a Cape buffalo but lots of water jugs, steel plates & 1 antelope. I load 350 gr. Speers at about 2,400 which make pleasant enough recoil for enjoyment while handling anything in North America I’m likely to go after. The 400 gr. factory stuff isn’t too brutal either.

For what it’s worth, I do like this cartridge & while it’s not a bizarre build, I like this rifle.

Thanks for the information.
I love the 350’s on antelope seems eccentric. I was thinking about antelope with the 260ab in my H&H I might need to go 300 A frames just to be safe.

For the 416 ruger guys running Hawkeyes what is the accuracy like.

Funny thing is, that as “over-kill” as that 350 gr. 416 Speer is, it’s one of the very few bullets I’ve ever recovered in an antelope. The shot was a lasered 210 yards angling on. The bullet broke the front shoulder, wrecked the boiler room, broke the opposing rear hip & was recovered as a big lump under the skin. Even at that she took a few steps before folding up.

Sometimes I just have fun with some of the guns I’ve never hunted with because antelope are 95% of my hunting.