Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Please do explain further what you are talking about? Seriously, please do, as I have not heard of anyone running into such regularly occurring difficulty with other mounts as to forclude their utility. Are you working with some oddball firearms systems, or what?

Nothing oddball, I just at times shoot long range so I like to position my scope so that I have about 90% of the total elevation adjustment available for cranking my POI up. Starting with a 20- or 25-moa base and the Burris insert rings, I know I will be able to easily get there, while at the same time having my windage well-centered. Use any other ring I will almost always have to compromise one or both.

I also much prefer the self-alignment feature of the inserts, as opposed to having to lap rings.

Trade deficit blows, however, it is not my whole deal really... More like revelations of forced abortions and labor, oh, and that little Co19 thing, copyright and patent infringement, intellectual property theft, spying, Belts and Roads etc.... Different strokes. At least, we're free, unlike many Chinky Comrades, for now, to decide and discuss.

It'd be great if those Burris kgunts would stop producing in China all together, but, to those kgunts it doesn't seem to matter.

Look, I'm with you. I have been saying for a year that China either intentionally loosed the CV19 virus into America to knock DJT out, or they were GROSSLY negligent, and I suspect the former. But we have a government determined to act like CV19 was an act of God or something, and no one cares what my opinion is on anything political.

So, not being able to do anything even a tiny bit significant with regard to our geo-political affairs, I'm just trying to have the most fun I can for the 10 or 15 good years I have left, and that means buying what I like best.

I would like to see Burris and many other companies I like (such as Spyderco) stop doing business with China. The problem is you and I are distinctly in a minority, with the majority of people being happy to buy from the Devil if he has the best price. The 34mm XTR's, which are made in the U.S., cost substantially more than the 30mm XTR's made in China. There is no reason for the 34's to cost significantly more, other than the cost of labor in the place of the place of manufacture.

It is also hard for a company to cut established ties, formed back before anyone cared where things were made. Generally to get a Chinese company to commit to tool up to produce your rings, knives, or whatever, you have to agree with them that you will not produce that item, or anything very similar, anywhere else, at least for some period of time, like 15 - 20 years. Burris may not be able to simply shift production of the 30mm XTR's back to the U.S., or to another country, even if it really wanted to, without getting sued by the Chinese company.

So you can wail all you want, but nearly no one is listening. We need a solution that does not punish a single company for doing the right thing. I told you what the solution is. Do what I suggested and China will break the contracts, freeing up Burris et al to move production out of China.