Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I'm a licensed engineer, including PA and have engineered hundreds of log structures from giant sign towers, to $18million + lodges, to tiny cabins. Log anything is not anymore labor intensive than any other wood structure. I live in a log house so that's coming from personal and professional experience. If you are willing to do a crawl space foundation, you're more than half way there to code compliance. The rest is electrical, plumbing, egress windows and doors, and roof insulation. Conestoga Log Cabins (PA based) has a lot of options and the "logs" are precut on a CNC machine. Super exact. Their logs are actually glu-lam beams shaped like logs so much stronger and no settling issues. If you want more traditional logs, I have contacts for those as well. Feel free to PM or message me.

I'll take a look at Conestoga.

I did most of the work on my own home aside from the envelope (foundation, stick frame and brick), so I'm comfortable with code compliance and for plumbing, electric, HVAC, etc. I just need to make sure the kit complies for egress, insulation, etc. Thanks for the offer on the PM. I'm sure I will be taking you up on it after I look at Conestoga.

------------------------
John