Learning is lifetime! A whole new world/dimension of Savage production I knew nothing of... Such existence! Not to make a difference. I came late to Savage as backing into a bargain several decades ago. Such by then, some several decades of collecting, Finally, that 99H of 1938 in 250 w/nifty Stith mounts & Lyman Alaskan scope... Definitely getting my attention! From there... Tuning in & turning on'!

While yet, with rare exceptions, fixated on the true vintage - fifties & earlier Savage levers, some foreign lever production has definitely achieved my attention. "Miroku!" Japanese maker of fine rifle products. For Winchester, pulling their "huevos" from the frying pan. The Win levers we see today... I believe mos5 Japanese mfg! My 1886 Browning saddle ring carbine, Miroku damned nice! Far better than poor "Remlins"!

I'd like some opinions concerning these Spanish 99 genre. To my 'yet amateur' mind, perhaps in going to Spain, better off moving back in to classic Savages. The eighties & nineties American market, about a new gun a minute! smile Tough competition! What say the Savage folks here. As my Win '86, would the picture be different had the Spanish Savage emerged in classic context? Perhaps a few basic 'senior models' in yet popular chamberings!

Open question!
Best!
John

Last edited by iskra; 03/19/21.