Ive got two 83 models in 454 and one BFR 454 that has the older grip frame.

Ive only taken elk and deer and water buffalo. Its worked wonders and the 454/45Colt is the one to get.

Honestly the Freedom Arms is amazingly built and the quality is definately there over anything else, and ive also owned Bowen customs as well. The materials in Freedom Arms are very excellwnt.

There downfalls though. Freedom Arms have high cost. They also are 4 shot revolvers since you carry hammer down on empty chamber like Colt SAA. Unlike the BFR my Freedoms dont have freewheeling cyclinders either. I believe the Freedom arms also have shorter cyclinder lengths by a bitbas well. This doesnt matter to me butbwill to some.

I prefer the Freedom grip and the new model BFR grip to other incliding the Bisley type Ruger makes. The Ruger Bisley raps my middle finger hard whule the Freedom and new BFR are comfy and have more room and space in that junction.

Freedom arms are great. BFR represents a great high performance value. Thats my opinion as owner of 3 specimens. Wish i had more of both of these.