My old Toyota is a 1991 with 250+ thousand miles.
I’ve been happy with it, but it’s (past) time for a new one.

After some research, I decided on a new Tacoma TRD off-road.

Apparently, these are selling like hot cakes, and most are being presold before they even come off the assembly line.
Or
The dealer is marking them up thousands above MSRP
Shopping for one has gone from fun to frustrating.

Last weekend I found a truck that I liked and came to a verbal agreement with the salesman on price, down payment and finance terms. When he brought paperwork to sign, they had extended my loan by a year, and raised the price of the truck until the monthly payments were the same. He didn't say anything he just did it.
I loudly gave the salesman my patented sales ethics lecture and walked away.

Since then, I have had two assembly line trucks sold before I could even get to the dealer to give them a deposit.

Two more trucks that were advertised for MSRP, but the dealer had installed 3 grand worth of fancy wheels and a lift kit, and was trying to charge $10,000+ for the “up grades”.

I have been in contact with 10 different dealers, and most of them are so full of BS and lies that I cannot in good conscience do business with them.

Today I am going to one of the two good dealers, tell them exactly what I want and try to make a deal on a truck that is still being built and 4-6 weeks away.

MOLON LABE